One woman's foray into cooking for herself, for her family, and for her friends. It's not always picture-perfect, sometimes a little messy,
but it's always delicious. Join me in exploring new recipes, savoring the "résultats" and learning from the "erreurs".



Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Tablescape Thursday... in Black & White

I went for another streamlined look for TT this week. I love a black & white palate and found white tulips (my ultimate blossom of choice) to complement the tablescape:


You can see the new little doggie door my son-in-law installed for me when he and my daughter and grand-munchkin were visiting from New York a couple of weeks ago. I love it and the pups are finally getting the hang of using it. Yay!




The flatware pattern is Arctic - I purchased it on sale from Pottery Barn a year or so ago. I love the look and heft of it.



The napkin rings were purchased on eBay. Don't you love that site?!



I don't recall the make of the table linens, but I do remember purchasing them from Bed Bath & Beyond a few years ago. My son gave me the wine glasses several years ago. I love them, too. I think the long stems give them a real look of elegance!


And the tulips. *sigh* They just make me happy. I purchased them from Target for $20 for the whole bunch. Color me happy!!


Thanks so much to Susan of Between Naps on the Porch for hosting Tablescape Thursdays. Check out her blog to take a peek at everyone else's incredible TT creations!






23 comments:

Scribbler said...

Stunning sophisticated table. White tulips are one of my favorite things.

Scribbler

Martha said...

Love the sophistication of black and white. Alas, had no company this week so no tablescape!

Christi @ A Southern Life said...

I love this table. So simple, yet elegant. It's the black and white and silver combination. Great table!

susan said...

Very elegant! I buy myself flowers too. We deserve it! Great post!

Coleens Recipes said...

Beautiful photography!!! Gorgeous table!!!

theUngourmet said...

Your table looks beautiful! I love Pottery Barn! I love your napkins rings too! Very Lovely!

Michelle said...

OH MY..I love that tablecloth and the flatware is fab! And the white tulip centerpiece is just perfect..so elegant!

Thibeault's Table said...

Lori, your table setting is beautiful. Black really is elegant. And the white tulips add the perfect touch.

Diana LaMarre said...

Those whiite tulips are perfect for an elegant black/white table (I wish I had some for mine).
I love the name of your blog, too.

Chandy said...

What a great table... Black and white is such and elegant combo!

Sand Hill Art said...

One of our galleries is having a Black & White competition in October: you may have provided me with a super idea! Now I have to practice painting glass.

ellen b said...

I really like your black and white table. I'm a real sucker for napkin rings and these are just fabulous!! Happy TT!

Melissa @ For the Love of Health said...

Looks elegant and fabulous! I would love to sit down and eat a great dinner there! :-)

From the Old InkWell said...

Lovely tablescape! Thanks for you nice comment.

BTW, You have some yummy looking recipes on your blog. I'll be back whenever I smell the bread baking. :)

Blessings, Marsha

Linda said...

Gorgeous Lori!
L~xo

Kim @ Starshine Chic said...

Love it! And I love ebay too! Great napkin rings. The tulips are beautiful as well.

Bridget said...

So elegant. I love the tulips too!
Happy TT, Bridget

MaryBeth said...

Very simple yet very elegant...I love the look of your napkin rings, they are gorgeous!!

Teacup Mosaics said...

Love the black and white so elegant and if the napkins rings are missing, they are at my house.

Kathleen said...

Very pretty! The napkin rings are wonderful...and cute doggie door too!

Mary said...

Oh what a VERY elegant table!

Anonymous said...

Hi Lori! Oh, what a beautiful table you've set! Those napkins rings are so elegant!
Be a sweetie and take a picture of one of your puppies little bum going out the new doggie door! That would be a hoot!
Be a sweetie,
shelia :0

Lori (All That Splatters) said...

Shelia, what a great idea!! I'll try and catch that shot. :D

Thank you all. This is only my second stab at Tablescape Thursday, and you've all been very encouraging! ;) I really do appreciate that!!

Post a Comment

I appreciate your visit and welcome your comments!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin