One woman's foray into cooking for herself, for her family, and for her friends. It's not always picture-perfect, sometimes a little messy,
but it's always delicious. Join me in exploring new recipes, savoring the "résultats" and learning from the "erreurs".



Saturday, April 25, 2009

Eggs Benedict

I'm still having computer issues, but I have pockets of "onlineage". I can finally start catching up on some of my meals of the last week. One particular morning, I woke up to a beautiful morning. I wanted something 'sunny' and not heavy. So I lightened up Eggs Benedict by layering a beautiful beefsteak tomato instead of ham beneath the poached eggs. I make a blender Hollandaise that's easy and delicious. It was a great start to my day!

Hollandaise Sauce

3 egg yolks
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1/4 teaspoon salt
dash hot pepper sauce
1/2 cup butter

Add egg yolks, lemon juice, salt and hot pepper sauce to blender. Blend about 5 seconds.

In small saucepan melt butter until very hot and bubblying (or melt in microwave, microwaving until very hot and bubbly). With blender (containing egg yolk mixture) running, pour in bubbling butter in steady stream. Partially shield with lid to prevent butter spattering. Blend until thickened, about 30 seconds. Serve immediately.


Source: Cooking with a Food Processor (General Electric Company), copyright 1978

5 comments:

La Table De Nana said...

You are definitely making up for lost time w/ catch-up! Glad you are.. I love this dish also.

Erin Wilson said...

This is amazing. I have struggled to the point of giving up at making Hollandaise the traditional way. I can't wait to try this blender method!

Sweet Bird said...

Hollandaise is the bane of my cooking existence. I really need to get a blender and try this method out.

Liesl said...

I think I am going to try this out this weekend on my husband! He loves eggs benedict and this sounds like a nice take on the dish!

LB said...

Hi Lori, I love your blog and hope you don't mind that I used your above photo (with credit of course!) on my blog.

It's a great photo and I'm a huge Eggs Benedict fan!

Post a Comment

I appreciate your visit and welcome your comments!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin