One woman's foray into cooking for herself, for her family, and for her friends. It's not always picture-perfect, sometimes a little messy,
but it's always delicious. Join me in exploring new recipes, savoring the "résultats" and learning from the "erreurs".



Sunday, April 26, 2009

Beef Tacos

The other night, I was in the mood for something simple. Fortunately, I had taken some ground chuck out of the freezer. I didn't want a burger or meatloaf... but tacos sounded good! I had all the fixin's in the fridge: lettuce, cheese (I used pepper jack this time), tomatoes, black olives, salsa, sour cream, tomatoes, and tortillas. Perfect! I browned the meat in a skillet and seasoned the meat with a little chili powder, grated onion, minced garlic, oregano, salt & pepper. I also added a little water and let the meat simmer in the spices for several minutes. I fried up some corn tortillas in a little hot oil, about 20 seconds on each side, and blotted them on paper toweling before filling. Not something I have every week, but they sure hit the spot that night!

1 comments:

La Table De Nana said...

These look good..I rarely make these..it's been years..time to try again!~

Post a Comment

I appreciate your visit and welcome your comments!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin