One woman's foray into cooking for herself, for her family, and for her friends. It's not always picture-perfect, sometimes a little messy,
but it's always delicious. Join me in exploring new recipes, savoring the "résultats" and learning from the "erreurs".



Saturday, April 11, 2009

Finally Getting on the Bandwagon... Cupcakes!

After admiring the photos of so many of my blogger friends' beautiful cupcakes, I've been wanting to try my own hand at making them for awhile now, and today was the perfect day to give it a shot. The kids were gone all day visiting with friends and attending a couples baby shower this evening for another one of their friends. So, I did a little internet research to decide which recipe to make and came across a delicious-looking recipe at a wonderful blog called Sugar Plum Musings. The recipe was for Almond Cupcakes with Raspberry Filling. I loved the idea of them having a filling. My little cakes sank a bit in the middle - my guess is that my baking powder was probably not as fresh as it should be. I'll definitely get new b.p. for my next baking session. I'm happy with the way they turned out, and I'm ready to try some more! I'd like to try my hand at covering them with fondant... but for now, I'm revelling in these pretty little things!

12 comments:

Martha said...

Nice looking cupcakes! I love cupcakes and I think everyone loves to eat cupcakes!

Linda said...

Lori...those look lovely...
That looks like a nice recipe...i will have to give it a whirl!
Beautiful cupcake papers! They look like fairycakes!
L~xo

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

GORGEOUS!

Thibeault's Table said...

Oh Lori, the cupcakes look delicious. Almost too beautiful to eat. I love the pretty cupcake holders.

Christina Kim said...

They look just fabulous! Especially the lacey paper. I bet they taste just as good :)

Foodiewife said...

These are simply beautiful. I had bookmarked this recipe a couple of weeks ago, because I love anything with almond. I shall have to try these, though I don't have much talent with decorating. Lovely, job!

La Table De Nana said...

I love those cupcake holders too..Haven't given in to my temptation yet!

Soon ..I think yours are sending me over the edge.:)

MaryBeth said...

Your cupcake holders are gorgeous... The cakes themselves look like tiny clouds!

Unknown said...

Dreamy! Where do you buy the cupcake wrappers? They are so pretty.

Lori (All That Splatters) said...

Thank you everyone. You're too kind!

Gabe's Girl, look for the wrappers at fancyflours.com or shopbakersnook.com.

Linda in AZ * said...

* How fabulous ~ soooo very tempting!!!!! Thank you! Linda in AZ *

Anonymous said...

These are lovely! And you are just now getting on the bandwagon!? You are really good! Love the wrappers!
Robin
All Things Heart and Home

Post a Comment

I appreciate your visit and welcome your comments!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin