One woman's foray into cooking for herself, for her family, and for her friends. It's not always picture-perfect, sometimes a little messy,
but it's always delicious. Join me in exploring new recipes, savoring the "résultats" and learning from the "erreurs".



Thursday, November 19, 2009

Fresh Cranberry Pie



This recipe results in more of a coffee cake than a traditional pie. It's wonderful as a breakfast treat, a snack, or dessert.  My Aunt Joanie gave the recipe to me a few years ago. She's a great cook and has a wealth of wonderful recipes. I'm so glad she shared this one!!

Fresh Cranberry Pie

Preheat oven to 325 F.

In a well buttered pie pan, add:

2 cups washed, whole, fresh cranberries
1/2 cup chopped nuts (I usually use pecans or walnuts, but used flaked almonds this time)
1/3 cup granulated sugar

In a medium-sized bowl, mix:

2 eggs
1 cup granulated sugar
1 scant cup flour
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup melted butter
1/4 cup oil

Pour egg mixture over ingredients in pie pan. Bake 50 minutes.

11 comments:

food with style said...

oh that looks so gooood!

La Table De Nana said...

Easy peasy and beautiful!!!Thank you again Lori!

Federica Simoni said...

wow splendido!! complimenti come sempre!

Linda said...

yummmmmm Lori!
That looks wonderful!

AllThingsYummy said...

Looks delicious. I'm always looking for new ways to use cranberries.

Joy Tilton said...

Thanks for this one, delish!

Anonymous said...

Looks yummy and easy to prepare, thanks for sharing!

The Story of Peace said...

Tried it with my daughter. I am enjoying it right now. Thanks.

Anonymous said...

Help! Not sure what I did wrong. Right now about 1/4 cup of the egg mixture is running all over the parchment in the oven and it seems like a runny, oily, mess. I double-checked everything. 1 stick of butter plus 1/4 cup of oil sounds like a lot. Any suggestions? It looked so beautiful.

Lori (All That Splatters) said...

I'm so sorry! What size pie plate did you use?

Emily said...

Does it work with frozen cranberries? I have a cup of frozen cranberries left in the fridge. Thought I could use it for a pie.

Post a Comment

I appreciate your visit and welcome your comments!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin