One woman's foray into cooking for herself, for her family, and for her friends. It's not always picture-perfect, sometimes a little messy,
but it's always delicious. Join me in exploring new recipes, savoring the "résultats" and learning from the "erreurs".



Sunday, November 8, 2009

Asian-Lime Ribs


I love ribs.  It took me a long time to cook them myself, though.  I was very intimidated by them.  I have friends who have smokers just for their ribs.  I have no smoker.  I have friends who have secret recipes for marinating their ribs.  I have no secret recipes for marinating ribs.  What's a rib-loving girl to do??  Knowing I could never grill ribs as well as my friends, I came across a recipe for these Asian-Lime Ribs.  These were different.  They had a very different flavor than any I'd tasted before.  And the recipe is easy to follow and takes the guess work out of cooking ribs.  The sauce is sweet and spicy with an Asian flair.  They're delicious!  In fact, they're now my favorite ribs!


Asian-Lime Ribs


2 racks spareribs, trimmed

Rib Rub:
2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
2 tablespoons kosher salt
2 tablespoons black pepper
1 tablespoon ground cloves
1 tablespoon ground coriander

Asian-Lime Sauce:
3 tablespoons ginger, coarsely chopped
2 tablespoons garlic, coarsely chopped
3/4 cup rice vinegar
1/2 cup low-sodium soy sauce
1/2 cup ketchup
1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro, chopped
1/3 cup fresh lime juice
1/3 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup hoisin sauce
2 tablespoons dark sesame oil
1 tablespoon crushed red pepper flakes

Dock meat between rib bones for extra flavor.

Combine ingredients for rub, and apply to ribs. Place in pan and cover tightly foil, and refrigerate for 1 hour. Double-check the foil to make sure it fits snugly around the pan. Slow roast the ribs in a 250 F. oven for about 2 hours, checking the ribs after about 1-1/2 hours. (You want the meat to pull away from the bones.)




Stir together ingredients for sauce. Brush on roasted racks of ribs before grilling.

Grill over medium-high heat a total of 15 minutes. Serve ribs with Asian-Lime Sauce.


Source:  Cuisine at Home

12 comments:

La Table De Nana said...

Lori you are making me crazy tonight:) Oyoyoy those look good!

Thibeault's Table said...

Lori, those look delicious. I love the idea of the lime. We are having ribs tomorrow night. I might have to rethink how I am going to do them.

Linda said...

These look wonderful Lori!
Yummm!!!!!

Cathy said...

Love all the flavors you've combined for these ribs, Lori. They look sooooo delicious.

Barbara said...

I like ribs too- which would probably surprise most of my friends. I don't eat them very often though. Your recipe looks out of this world- I love the mixture of seasonings and spices. They look wonderfully sticky which is a plus!

food with style said...

omg i want these for brekkie right now!

2 Stews said...

My nephew has his own secret BBQ sauce...yes, there is something about sauces that make us secretive! This is something we'd all love...thanks for sharing

Diane

Debbie said...

No kidding...I've been thinking of Ribs all day, and then you came along....

Mari @ Once Upon a Plate said...

Okay, now you REALLY have my mouth watering! No kidding. xo

Anonymous said...

I made these and they are FANTASTIC.

Lori (All That Splatters) said...

Thank you all for your kind comments!!

Anonymous, I'm so glad you enjoyed them and love them as much as I do!! Thanks for visiting All That Splatters. :-D

Stacy from the CF said...

Hi Lori - my DH has picked these out for our superbowl treat for tonight! Can't wait. Thanks for sharing your great recipes and photos.

Post a Comment

I appreciate your visit and welcome your comments!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin