One woman's foray into cooking for herself, for her family, and for her friends. It's not always picture-perfect, sometimes a little messy,
but it's always delicious. Join me in exploring new recipes, savoring the "résultats" and learning from the "erreurs".



Friday, March 13, 2009

Snap, Crackle, Pop

Okay, well, I didn't exactly "cook" dinner tonight. But I did splatter - does that count?? I had fully intended to cook a real meal. I even defrosted a pork tenderloin. But I decided to follow some of my friend Ann's (of Thibeault's Table) advice, and I've salted it and put it in the fridge. I'll unwrap it in the morning and cook it tomorrow night. According to Ann, it will be juicier and more tender. Dinner tomorrow night should prove to be tasty!! But for today, well... I didn't have Cheerios. ;-)

7 comments:

Linda said...

That looks pretty good to me right about now!
I will go and have a bowl of cheerios!
L~xoxox

Thibeault's Table said...

Lori, I think that you should make Rice Krispie Squares. I'd have those for dinner.

Martha said...

There is nothing wrong with that! But at our house it is Cheerios!

La Table De Nana said...

What a pretty photo..Is the bowl at an angle? I have 2 for salad:) Now I have found a better use..Great to use pretty things for cereal too..
I used to make teddy bears in RC treats:) I'll have to do some soon for the boys..
Good Morning!

a quiet life said...

finally, a meal i can make just like yours!

Sue said...

You can even make rice krispies look good!

MaryBeth said...

Oh come on....there is nothing wrong with a big bowl of cereal for dinner. We do it at our house from time to time.

Post a Comment

I appreciate your visit and welcome your comments!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin