One woman's foray into cooking for herself, for her family, and for her friends. It's not always picture-perfect, sometimes a little messy,
but it's always delicious. Join me in exploring new recipes, savoring the "résultats" and learning from the "erreurs".



Sunday, March 22, 2009

Easiest Dessert Ever!

A great dinner deserves a great dessert. But after a rich comfort food dinner, like roast chicken and mashed potatoes, the last thing you need is a heavy dessert. Fortunately, I found these beautiful strawberries at the grocery store this morning. They're huge and perfect! Not one to leave perfection alone..., I mixed light sour cream with light brown sugar (to taste) to dip these gorgeous strawberries into - perfection meets its match!



15 comments:

a quiet life said...

welcome home darling we missed you! love your new look here.

this was the dessert i was raised on, my father loved them this way.

Martha said...

That is a favorite way to serve strawberries at Linderhof as well -- so simple and so good!

La Table De Nana said...

Sometimes.. simple is best..and prettiest~

Linda said...

Those are magnificent berries....
Love them this way too!
I am off to find some pretty ones today...you made me crave them!

Thibeault's Table said...

Now those are the most perfect looking strawberries. I haven't seen any like that around here yet. Love the sour cream and brown sugar dip.

Unknown said...

Those berries are worthy of a portrait! Great idea and I've served that dip myself, so good.
Happy Twirls

Anonymous said...

add a little chocolate to that mix...well then i guess we defeat the purpose of a light dessert LOL. excellent post.

Christina Kim said...

What an interesting combination of flavors! Beautifully done.

MaryBeth said...

The berries look absolutely summer perfect!!

Unknown said...

Strawberries are always a nice touch! I have never tried that dip. I must soon.

Mrs.D said...

Yum! The berries look great (as well as the roast chicken dinner in the previous post). I found your blog via the Foodie BlogRoll.

Lori (All That Splatters) said...

Thank you, Mrs. D. I appreciate you stopping by!! :D

alisa@foodista said...

Nicely done! What a perfect desert to a great meal!

Carmela said...

What a great spring idea and so easy. Just goes to show you that you don't have to spend hours to make something perfect.

Buon appetito,

Carmela

Anonymous said...

My family has been dipping strawberries in sour cream and then dark brown sugar literally for decades. Having grown up near the strawberry fields of central California and having freinds in the berry business, we always got the freshest vine ripened strawberries. It's a great combination of flavors.

Post a Comment

I appreciate your visit and welcome your comments!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin