One woman's foray into cooking for herself, for her family, and for her friends. It's not always picture-perfect, sometimes a little messy,
but it's always delicious. Join me in exploring new recipes, savoring the "résultats" and learning from the "erreurs".



Monday, March 30, 2009

Another Easy Meal - Pasta!

As often happens when I slow down after working a lot, I came down with a cold. Once I lose my momentum, my body decides it wants to shut down instead of just slow down. And then I get sick. Happens all the time. I hate that. I woke up this morning with a pounding head, aching sinuses, sore throat, and fever. So, I called into the office, took some cold medicine, and went back to bed and slept until about 2:00 this afternoon. The head feels better, the throat is still sore, and the fever seems to be hanging on. A cup of tea was all I felt like this afternoon, but I finally got hungry about 9:00 this evening. The easiest thing I could think of was pasta with olive oil, garlic & pignoli (pine nuts). While the pasta is cooking, I thinly slice lots of garlic (at least 6 - 8 cloves) and throw them into about 2 - 3 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil in a saute pan, along with a handful of pignoli, and slowly heat through. The garlic gets translucent and nutty, and the pignoli get a nice toasty flavor yet still softened up a little. When the pasta finishes cooking, drain it and put it in the saute pan, mixing it up with the garlic mixture. Toss in a handful of chopped Italian parsley, season with salt & pepper, and dinner is done. I often grate a little Parmigiana Reggiano over the top, as well. My hunger is satisfied and so are my taste buds... and all that garlic has to be good for my cold... right?!

5 comments:

Christina Kim said...

When you're sick, you can eat whatever you want! It's the perfect excuse to indulge guilt-free. Hope you feel better soon!

Martha said...

I think of that as comfort food. At least it is at Linderhof!

La Table De Nana said...

I love that kind of meal..I could live on it:) W/ bread and cheese too:)

Hope you feel petfect soon~
Pine Nuts...mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Linda said...

Oh sweetiegirl....
Feel better!
I am missing you something fierce!
L~xo

Cathy said...

You poor thing, I hope you are feeling better. There are so many nasty bugs going around. Your pasta sounds wonderful. The pine nuts make it special. I'm all for quick and easy meals.

Post a Comment

I appreciate your visit and welcome your comments!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin