One woman's foray into cooking for herself, for her family, and for her friends. It's not always picture-perfect, sometimes a little messy,
but it's always delicious. Join me in exploring new recipes, savoring the "résultats" and learning from the "erreurs".



Sunday, March 29, 2009

Breakfast


It's been a long couple of weeks working out of town (though enjoyable!). Yesterday was spent having my carpets cleaned and visiting with my good friend, Kimberly, and her new baby, Reese. What a cutie!! I didn't get much else done yesterday, and I still hadn't finished unpacking or doing laundry, but I was bound and determined to have a good breakfast today. And a good breakfast it was! Creamy scrambled eggs with fresh chives, bacon, and sweet potato home fries, seasoned with a little fresh rosemary (which got a little crispier than usual around the edges... but I love them!). A big mug of my favorite coffee, Ethiopian Yirgacheffe, and I'm ready to get things done today!

7 comments:

Christina Kim said...

Simple delicious breakfast. My favorite meal of the day!!

La Table De Nana said...

It's so nice to have you back:)

Those sweet potato fries are saying: "Monique.. pour toi:)"

They nade me smile....they made me sing:)

MaryBeth said...

The best breakfast ever...anything thing with bacon is much better!

Anonymous said...

Those sweet potato home fries look perfect--gorgeous! And I'd be delighted to join you in a cup of Ethiopian Yrgacheffe :D

Linda said...

I missed you girlie!
That is a breakfast fit for a queen!
L~xo

a quiet life said...

welcome home darling, we missed you! your break looks great, spring fresh to me! the sweet potatoes look so good, i don't think that way and need to step up my game, if i ever have game strength!

Thibeault's Table said...

Lori, Moe wants your breakfast.

Post a Comment

I appreciate your visit and welcome your comments!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin