One woman's foray into cooking for herself, for her family, and for her friends. It's not always picture-perfect, sometimes a little messy,
but it's always delicious. Join me in exploring new recipes, savoring the "résultats" and learning from the "erreurs".

Sunday, March 29, 2009


It's been a long couple of weeks working out of town (though enjoyable!). Yesterday was spent having my carpets cleaned and visiting with my good friend, Kimberly, and her new baby, Reese. What a cutie!! I didn't get much else done yesterday, and I still hadn't finished unpacking or doing laundry, but I was bound and determined to have a good breakfast today. And a good breakfast it was! Creamy scrambled eggs with fresh chives, bacon, and sweet potato home fries, seasoned with a little fresh rosemary (which got a little crispier than usual around the edges... but I love them!). A big mug of my favorite coffee, Ethiopian Yirgacheffe, and I'm ready to get things done today!


Christina Kim said...

Simple delicious breakfast. My favorite meal of the day!!

La Table De Nana said...

It's so nice to have you back:)

Those sweet potato fries are saying: "Monique.. pour toi:)"

They nade me smile....they made me sing:)

MaryBeth said...

The best breakfast ever...anything thing with bacon is much better!

onlinepastrychef said...

Those sweet potato home fries look perfect--gorgeous! And I'd be delighted to join you in a cup of Ethiopian Yrgacheffe :D

Linda said...

I missed you girlie!
That is a breakfast fit for a queen!

once in a blue moon... said...

welcome home darling, we missed you! your break looks great, spring fresh to me! the sweet potatoes look so good, i don't think that way and need to step up my game, if i ever have game strength!

Thibeault's Table said...

Lori, Moe wants your breakfast.

Post a Comment

I appreciate your visit and welcome your comments!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin