One woman's foray into cooking for herself, for her family, and for her friends. It's not always picture-perfect, sometimes a little messy,
but it's always delicious. Join me in exploring new recipes, savoring the "résultats" and learning from the "erreurs".



Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Quick & Delicious - Dinner after Work

Chicken with Garlic & Parsley

I must confess: dinner after work often consists of a bowl of Cheerios. So when my friend Linda of How To Cook a Wolf fame clued me in to this recipe of Jacques Pepin's, I had to try it. Few ingredients, few steps, and a delicious hot meal is on the table in less than 1/2 hour. How can you beat that? Thank you, Linda!
Chicken Breasts with Garlic and Parsley
3 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (each about 7 ounces), cut into 1- to 1-1/2 inch cubes
1 tablespoon Wondra flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
2 tablespoons good olive oil
1 tablespoon chopped garlic
3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
1 lemon, quartered
Dry the chicken cubes with paper towels and toss them with the flour, salt, and pepper in a bowl. Heat the oil in a 12-inch skillet over high heat until very hot but not smoking, add the cubed chicken, and cook in one layer, turning occasionally, for about 3-1/2 minutes. Meanwhile, combine the garlic and parsley in a small bowl. Add the butter and the parsley mixture to the skillet and saute for 1 minute longer, shaking the skillet occasionally to coat the chicken.

To serve, divide among four plates, add a wedge of lemon to each plate, and serve within 15 minutes.

Source: Jacques Pepin Fast Food My Way, copyright 2004

12 comments:

Mari @ Once Upon a Plate said...

Oh ya Lori!!! This looks fabulous ~ I love the recipes Linda brings to us, too.

Between the two of you, I must have at least 6 months worth of your recipes I want to make. What a dilemma!

This one goes to the short list, can't wait to try it. xo~m

La Table De Nana said...

It's now on my short list too..I love Jacques..both of them:)

Linda will make beautiful Macarons I can just tell..
Lori..this looks splatteringly good!

Martha said...

I really like his recipes. This looks yummy!

Linda said...

Beautiful Lori! Fabulous pic!
One of our all time easy weeknight favorites!
L~xoxo

Karen @ Mignardise said...

This looks like a winner for sure!
I'm enjoying you blog too.

Lori (All That Splatters) said...

Thank you, ladies. It's such a great, but fast meal to prepare/cook. Thanks really goes to Linda and her friend, Terrie, for bringing it to my attention. I'll be looking through this cookbook for more of these kinds of recipes!!

Thibeault's Table said...

Lori, that looks delicious and wow, the recipe is so easy too. I've copied and saved to try soon.

MaryBeth said...

This looks like a very cozy and comforting meal. I love it!!

Unknown said...

This looks very good. I love chicken recipes.

Anonymous said...

Your blog is so delicious-you have a tasty assortment of sweet and savory recipes :).

Anonymous said...

I love recipes like this - quick, easy, and supertasty. I work long hours, so I often don't feel like cooking anything complicated. I will have to add this to the rotation; so glad you posted it!

PS - found your blog on FFF - glad you were featured.

Amanda said...

Hi Lori! Don't remember how I found this recipe, but I made it a couple of weeks ago and finally blogged about it tonight. Thanks for sharing it, it was DELICIOUS! http://amandascookin.blogspot.com/2009/06/chicken-with-garlic-parsley.html

Post a Comment

I appreciate your visit and welcome your comments!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin