One woman's foray into cooking for herself, for her family, and for her friends. It's not always picture-perfect, sometimes a little messy,
but it's always delicious. Join me in exploring new recipes, savoring the "résultats" and learning from the "erreurs".



Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Tablescape Thursday - Shades of Cream


I've had the beige polka dot dishes for awhile now and wanted to work them into a tablescape this week.  On a trip to Tuesday Morning, I had come up with the little cream-colored wreath for less than half price, along with the tall breath of fresh air for the middle of my table.  Once I realized they were in the same color family, I started building my tablescape.  I found the little tassels  for 75 cents apiece and the cream colored napkins for $6 at Target.  It all just came together.  I even had an afghan in the same shade.  Here we go!

 


 

I "rescued" these roses from the my local grocery store.  The poor things are really on their last legs...






 
The tall white wine glasses were a gift from my son.  They're special to me just because he gave them to me!  I love them!
 

Another one of my afghans.  I love this pattern!


 




Tablecloth, centerpiece, tassels:  Tuesday Morning
Beige & white polka dinner plates:  Chef's Catalog
White salad plates:  Sur La Table
White napkins, Cream napkins, flatware:  Target
Shot glasses (holding flowers), water glasses:  Marshall's
White wine glasses: gift



* * * * * * * * * *


Thank you for sharing Tablescape Thursday with me, and my thanks to Susan of Between Naps on the Porch for hosting TT again this week.  Please visit Susan's site to visit the other participants' beautiful tablescapes.




28 comments:

vignette design said...

I love your "shades of cream" table. Also, so textural. That afghan is to die for. Love it so much. --Delores

Jeanette said...

That afghan is lovely and your table just lovely.

Fresh Local and Best said...

This is such a beautiful and sophisticated table.

Martha said...

A very beautiful table -- there is nothing like cream -- and I LOVE your centerpiece!

Mari @ Once Upon a Plate said...

Oh Lori, you are so creative and talented in so many ways. I love to come see what you have in store for us each week.

You never disappoint. Love your new flamingo and the wreath, tassels, your plates, and, and, and...!! What graceful wine glasses, your son has great taste.

And your afgans... *thud* they add such a cozy touch. Both of those patterns are beautiful! Thank you for inviting us in. Such a treat. ((hugs)) ~m

Rattlebridge Farm said...

This looks like it was fun to put together. I like the different textures--and your centerpiece is perfect!

Yvonne @ StoneGable said...

Love white and beige together. Soft but not too delicate. And that flamingo is verally over the top! But of all the things- you did not tell us about this great piece! I just know he/she has a story.
Yvonne

Phyllis @Around the House said...

Love the beautiful soft colors, they are so delicate and lovely, love the flamingo, love him...

Laka kuharica said...

Simply beautiful!

Unknown said...

Beautiful, love all that cream and all the little details. The tassels are tooo cute and the centerpiece is wonderful.
Sandy

Linda said...

Lovely Lori...
very peaceful and serene! Just like you!
L~xo

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

Thanks for visiting! I love the shades of cream. Always looks so rich and inviting, even with a fun theme!

BellaCasa said...

I just love your centerpeice!

Thanks for visiting my blog and leaveing a comment. I appreciate it.

Jan
BellaCasa

ellen b said...

Oh what fun. I really like that centerpiece!

Bill said...

Hi Lori,
Beautiful table! I love the sophistication of using all neutrals, combined with the delightful whimsy of your centerpiece. I have the same tablecloth from Tuesday Morning. It pretty much goes with everything, doesn't it? Glad you rescued those fading roses; they look great on your table!

Bill

Lynne (lynnesgiftsfromtheheart) said...

I love your centerpiece, so unique. The wreath is a wonderful touch. Your shades of cream are beautiful. I love the touch of the afghan.. beautiful pattern. I haven't crocheted in years.. Thank you for swinging by and saying hello. Pop in any 'ole time..hugs ~lynne~

xinex said...

Cute centerpiece. Everything is so well coordinated. Very pretty!....Christine

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

That flamingo is just gorgeous, so unusual and so pretty. I love all the wonderful creams and the use of a tassel as a napkin ring is just fabulous. Great tablescape. Hugs, Marty

Fifi Flowers said...

GREAT table!!! LOVE it! That first photo would make a FAB painting!!!

Lori (All That Splatters) said...

FF, I would love to see your painting of that photo!

Kendall@ Finesse Your Nest said...

Beautiful tablescape! I love all the pictures. Thank you for checking out my blog!

Marigene said...

Cute centerpiece! Beautiful shades of cream table.

Kathleen said...

Wow, that centerpiece is amazing..Pretty table, Lori..

Bargain Decorating with Laurie said...

What a pretty table. Love all of the textures (that afghan is gorgeous!), and the tassels are so pretty on the napkins. The flamingo adds a great touch of fun to a beautiful table. laurie

Bargain Decorating with Laurie said...

Forgot to tell you that I also love that photo in your header - so pretty. laurie

Celly B said...

What a beautiful winter-white tablescape! I love the texture you've created with the tablecloth, afghan, and tassels!

Yellow Rose Arbor said...

This is all very elegant and beautiful! Love the centerpiece!

Katherine

Dreamgoddess said...

Love your table and the flamingo is a wonderful touch. So unexpected and perfect with your cream palette.

Post a Comment

I appreciate your visit and welcome your comments!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin