One woman's foray into cooking for herself, for her family, and for her friends. It's not always picture-perfect, sometimes a little messy,
but it's always delicious. Join me in exploring new recipes, savoring the "résultats" and learning from the "erreurs".



Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Pork Fried Rice

I marinated and roasted a pork tenderloin the other day, knowing I would be using the leftovers in a fried rice later in the week. The recipe I used to marinate the pork was an Emeril Lagasse recipe which flavored the meat really well and rendered the tenderloin juicy and delicious. I cooked up plenty of rice for that meal, as well as the fried rice dish, and a small third-world country... somehow my rice measurements got away from me. I also cooked up eggplant tempura to serve with the pork tenderloin.

For the fried rice, I sauteed some onions, garlic, and ginger in a couple of tablespoons of oil, added the rice once the vegetables were tender, threw in the remaining eggplant tempura which I sliced into strips, as well as the diced leftover pork tenderloin. I seasoned the dish with a little toasted sesame oil and soy sauce and let it cook a couple more minutes. I pushed the rice mixture to the side of the pan and cooked a couple of beaten eggs. Once they were set, I mixed the eggs in with the rice and tossed in some chopped romaine (no cabbage in the house). I think I liked the fried rice even more than the original pork dinner! And thanks to my lack of mathematical skills, I now have plenty of leftovers to take for lunch for the rest of the week!

Here's the recipe I used for the pork tenderloin:

Asian Pork Tenderloin



1/2 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup pineapple juice
1/4 cup coarsely chopped green onions
1/4 cup coarsely chopped shallots
1/4 cup loosely packed fresh cilantro leaves
2 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh ginger
2 tablespoons honey
2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
2 tablespoons Emeril's Asian Essence (I used a Pampered Chef Asian seasoning blend I happened to have on hand)
2 tablespoons chopped garlic
1 tablespoon sesame oil
1 tablespoon crushed red pepper
2 pork tenderloins (about 2 pounds total)

Combine all the ingredients except the tenderloins in a food processor and pulse several times to puree. (I didn't use the food processor but chopped and mixed everything but hand instead of pureeing the mixture.) Put the tenderloins in a large plastic storage bag and pour in the marinade. Seal the bag and refrigerate for 1 hour. (I placed the pork in a bowl and poured the marinade over the meat.)


Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.


Heat a large nonstick ovenproof skillet over high heat. When the skillet is hot, add the tenderloins and sear, browning on all sides, about 4 minutes. Transfer to the oven and cook for 18 to 20 minutes, or until an instant-read thermometer inserted in the thickest part reads 145 degrees F. Remove from the oven and let rest for 5 minutes. Alternatively, heat a grill to medium-hot. Grill the tenderloins, turning several times, for 25 minutes, or until an instant-read thermometer inserted in the thickest part reads 145 degrees F. Remove from the grill and let rest for 5 minutes.


Source: Emeril Lagasse (FoodTV)

5 comments:

JudyBug said...

This sounds and looks so yummy. I love anything with cilantro!

JudyBug

Mari @ Once Upon a Plate said...

We love Fried Rice Lori! You can't go wrong with Emeril's recipes ~ this is one I want to make soon.

Thank you for sharing the recipe ~ your photo makes my mouth water. xo

a quiet life said...

looks wonderful~

Donna-FFW said...

Just saw this on photograzing, thought Id let you know it looks delicious. I have to try it. I love pork tenderloin, and I love all types fried rice!! Winner!

Lori (All That Splatters) said...

Thank you, everyone. I love fried rice, too. It's an easy way to use up leftover proteins and vegetables!

Post a Comment

I appreciate your visit and welcome your comments!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin