One woman's foray into cooking for herself, for her family, and for her friends. It's not always picture-perfect, sometimes a little messy,
but it's always delicious. Join me in exploring new recipes, savoring the "résultats" and learning from the "erreurs".



Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Apple Galette with Caramel Sauce


I have a love affair with anything caramel: caramel candy, caramel apples, caramel ice cream. Homemade caramel sauce, though, has to top it all. It makes just about any dessert taste that much better!

This little dessert was made by taking storebought puff pastry and cutting into a circle. Put a little almond paste in the middle, then layer sliced apples over that, and bake. A little homemade caramel sauce (sugar, water, cream) and NOW it's dessert! Pay no attention to that little dab of ice cream in the middle...

6 comments:

Thibeault's Table said...

Oh Lori, I'm so happy that you have started to Blog.

And I feel special to be the first one to comment.

I'm looking forward to you sharing your meals with us.

Linda said...

Hey girl it is beautiful!
Can not wait for all your wonderful pics and posts!
Mazel Tov on your new blog!
Love to you,
L ~xoxox

Lori (All That Splatters) said...

Thanks, Ann & Linda. I can see this is going to be my new obsession. :D Thanks for being such great enablers!

MaryBeth said...

OMG...your galette looks so darn good, I think I am going to add your site to my list of favorites.

Lori (All That Splatters) said...

Thank you, MaryBeth! Glad to have you come by! ;-D

Annemarie said...

This looks amazing, do you provide the recipe anywhere? I would love to try making these sometime!!!

Post a Comment

I appreciate your visit and welcome your comments!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin