One woman's foray into cooking for herself, for her family, and for her friends. It's not always picture-perfect, sometimes a little messy,
but it's always delicious. Join me in exploring new recipes, savoring the "résultats" and learning from the "erreurs".



Saturday, February 14, 2009

Arancini di Riso

I love risotto. Absolutely love it. When it's made correctly, it's creamy and decadent. So, it's hard to imagine that I would ever have enough leftover to make these little delicacies. And it's a rare occasion that I would. I have actually had to make a batch specifically for arancini (and try to keep myself away from it in order for it to cool down enough to make them). This recipe of Giada deLaurentiis is well worth it. Crispy on the outside, tender and flavorful on the inside, with a little bit of fresh mozzarella as a nice little treat in the center. Leftovers never tasted THIS good!

5 comments:

La Table De Nana said...

We love Arancini!I only made it once w/ Risotto leftovers and ..we licked our lips~Yours looks fabulous.

Linda said...

Oh my yummmmmm....
that is all I can say sweet Lori!
Mikeactually requested some risotto this week...maybe I will make some extra!
xoxox

Thibeault's Table said...

Lori, Like Monique I've only made Arancini a couple of times. But I really like them. There was a restaurant in Toronto that we use to go to on a regular basis and they sometimes offered them on their menu. I always ordered them. Yum!

Rattlebridge Farm said...

Risotto--this is divine. I love your popovers, too.

Mari @ Once Upon a Plate said...

Lori, I'm always in the same boat, too. Not enough leftover risotto to make Arancini (so I never have!)

Brilliant idea to make it specifically for the Arancini recipe ~ I'm going to follow your lead and try it soon. Thank you for the great idea.

Post a Comment

I appreciate your visit and welcome your comments!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin