One woman's foray into cooking for herself, for her family, and for her friends. It's not always picture-perfect, sometimes a little messy,
but it's always delicious. Join me in exploring new recipes, savoring the "résultats" and learning from the "erreurs".



Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Blondie Sundaes

This is an easy dessert.  Really.  It is.  Blondies.  Super simple.  We've made them here before. The ice cream was store-bought...(but it was very good quality store-bought... :-D )  And the sauce?  It's the sauce from the Apple Cake with Caramel Sauce recipe, only I used half dark brown sugar and half light brown sugar for a more intense flavor.  Well, to be totally honest, I used half dark and half light because I was almost out of light brown sugar.  So I substituted.  BUT the sauce really was a little more intensely-flavored, which was great over the ice cream.  Really great.  My guests were happy.  I was happy.  And there was very little cleanup. Isn't that easy?!

Blondies

1/2 cup unsalted butter
2 cups brown sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups (scant) all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt

Preheat oven to 350 F.

In a 2-quart saucepan, melt butter over low heat. Remove pan from heat and stir in brown sugar. Add eggs, beating well after the addition of each one. Stir in vanilla.

Add dry ingredients; mix thoroughly. Spread in greased 13-inch x 9-inch baking pan. Bake 25 minutes. Cut in bars while warm; remove from pan when almost cool.

Source: Adapted from Better Homes and Gardens New Cookbook

Caramel Sauce

1/2 cup light brown sugar
1/2 cup dark brown sugar
1/2 cup butter
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 cup cream or evaporated milk

Over low heat (or in double-boiler), melt brown sugar and butter. Stir in vanilla and cream, cook until thick, stirring occasionally.

11 comments:

the country cook said...

Oh my, those look sinful!

Kathy Walker said...

I haven't had dessert in a long time...this looks wonderful and I could eat it even if it wasn't time for dessert!

fuat gencal said...

Günaydın, ellerinize sağlık. Çok leziz ve iştah açıcı görünüyor.

Saygılarımla.

Peggy said...

This is one sinful dessert, indeed! My mouth is definitely drooling and wanting this for breakfast!

La Table De Nana said...

That could be on the cover of Bon Appetit!

Thibeault's Table said...

Lori, I'm so happy that you shared your Blondie recipe. My mouth has been watering ever since I saw our Sundae. This dessert is moving to the top of my "must" make list.

Liz That Skinny Chick Can Bake said...

This sounds like the perfect dessert!!

Cathy said...

That's the most scrumptious dessert I've seen in ages. I can think of so many ways to use that luscious sauce. That photo has me drooling.

Natasha said...

I have caramel on my brain this week too! I can't wait to try this!

Best wishes,
Natasha.

a quiet life said...

i was gonna comment on your beautiful tomato tart, but i just got stuck here and can't move...

Lori (All That Splatters) said...

Jain! ROFL!!!

Post a Comment

I appreciate your visit and welcome your comments!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin