One woman's foray into cooking for herself, for her family, and for her friends. It's not always picture-perfect, sometimes a little messy,
but it's always delicious. Join me in exploring new recipes, savoring the "résultats" and learning from the "erreurs".



Thursday, February 11, 2010

Tablescape Thursday - Tea Time


It's snowing in Dallas! I've got about 4 inches in my backyard, and it's still coming down. It's cozy weather (in my humble opinion), and all I want is a good book and a simple tea:


 

  

  

 

Tray:  gift from a dear friend
Teapot: gift from my mother
Lovebirds:  Dollar Tree
Teacup & saucer, napkin ring:  eBay finds
Napkin:  Amazon.com


* * * * * * * * * *

Thank you for joining me for Tablescape Thursday, and many thanks to Susan of Between Naps on the Porch for hosting.  Please visit her site to see all the other participants and their lovely tablescapes!

17 comments:

Debbiedoos said...

I can't believe you bought the love birds at the dollar tree!!~ I love that place, but you have to go when things first come out per holiday!!~ Everything looks lovely!!~

La Table De Nana said...

I love the idea of Trayscapes:)
Simply sweet.Tweet tweet:)

Yvonne @ StoneGable said...

I know you could pour a second cup from that pot! I think your little tray is so romantic and your tea time scape is sweet.
Yvonne

Martha said...

A wonderful tea tray for a winter afternoon! I'm doing tea as well -- but for two! This cold weather is great weather for a good cup of tea!

the country cook said...

cute tea set! tea and a good book sound wonderful!

Marigene said...

Love your tea tray...where's the book? Adorable teapot. Keep the snow down south, we have enough here...

Phyllis @Around the House said...

I really think I should have that teapot, it is the most precious thing, your tray is devine and inviting, sorry about the weather..Phyllis

Unknown said...

I love your tea. Your tray is great..I need one just like it :)

Blessings!
Gail

Cathy said...

Your tea tray is lovely, Lori, especially the sweet tea pot from your mother. A special cup of tea is a gift to ourselves.

The Muse said...

a little tray...
set for tea...
a little tray...
just for me...
a bit of time...
to snuggle thus...
little things...
i need no fuss.
memories of love...
wrap my soul...
all these things...
one little teapot told.

:)

Thank you for your visit :)

Linda said...

Beautiful Lori!

Mari @ Once Upon a Plate said...

((Hugs)) and Hello my friend.

Beautifully done... but you do it every time, you have that talent!

Thanks for making my day. I hope you're staying snug with the snow ~ thanks to you, I am! So cozy!!

xo

Ry @ Sotto Il Monte Vineyards said...

Beautiful tea setting Lori - so warm and inviting on a snowy day!

Rettabug said...

I sure wish I had some pretty teacups like yours, Lori! Everything looks so soft & lovely...very delicate & feminine.
I'm doing afternoon tea for this Saturday's postings so great minds were on the same track.

Sorry about the snow. Now you see what I've had for THE PAST 3-4 MONTHS!!! I sick of it. :p

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

Absolutely a fabulous tea pot....I love the roses! Happy valentine's day!

Jane said...

Very pretty! I especially love the delicate tea cup and saucer. Lovely tablescape!

Lia at Petite Little Bee said...

Really lovely! Thanks for sharing. Have a wonderful Valentine's Day! Lia

Post a Comment

I appreciate your visit and welcome your comments!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin