One woman's foray into cooking for herself, for her family, and for her friends. It's not always picture-perfect, sometimes a little messy,
but it's always delicious. Join me in exploring new recipes, savoring the "résultats" and learning from the "erreurs".



Friday, April 3, 2009

Foodie Friday - Frittata!

Happy Foodie Friday!! Thanks, as always, to Gollum's sponsored Foodie Friday. If you haven't yet had the opportunity to visit Michael's (Gollum) website, Designs by Gollum, please do. You will be amazed at her talent for design and humor. Thank you Michael for hosting. What fun!

I've been sick all week. Though I've managed to come up with quick and easy meals for dinner most nights, I was still pressed to come up with another easy meal for tonight. Ann of Thibeault's Table made a frittata one day this week which inspired me to make one for dinner. I love potato and onion frittatas, but I only had sweet potatoes in the bin. Well... I was up for an experiment. So I sliced some sweet potato pretty thin and started sauteeing them. I added in some sliced onion til they were soft and sweet, then poured in the eggs. Once the eggs were set up, I put the pan under the broiler for about 5 minutes. So good! Much more flavor than a white potato. I will definitely do that again!

14 comments:

Rattlebridge Farm said...

I love fritattas but hadn't thought to add sweet potatoes. I will try this. I hope you feel better soon!

Martha said...

I love frittatas. During Farmer's market season it is our Saturday breakfast of choice made from ingredients brought home from the market. However, I've never tried sweet potatoes (which we adore) -- will have to try that next time.

Martha

Anonymous said...

Hi Lori and it's so nice to meet you! I'm sorry to hear you've been sick but you managed to put together a fantastic looking frittata.
Just saw your a transplanted Texan! Oh, we do love New York so! I hope you'll come back and see me sometimes.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Lori, this sounds absolutely delicious! SO sorry you've been sick all week. Hope you're feeling much better soon. Those sweet potatoes should help. My naturopath says they are wonderful for you. I should quit eating icing and more of those! ;-)

Happy Foodie Friday...

XO,

Sheila :-)

La Table De Nana said...

WE love them also..and I forget to make them~
You've inspired me again alomg with Ann!
Thanks!

Joyce said...

Feel better and thanks for visiting my blog. I never thought to use sweet potatoes in a frittata. I will have to try this as it sounds so good and sweet potatoes are much better for you.
Joyce

Amy said...

Yum..a sweet potato frittata sounds just yummy. What a great idea. Sorry you are under the weather. Hope you are feeling well again very soon.

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog. Please stop by again any time! Amy :)

Kathy's Red Door Welcome said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving comment. I really appreciate it. Your fritata looks yummy. I really like sweet potatoes and I would never have thought of subsituting sweet potatoes, but it sound delicious to me.

Kathleen said...

Hi Lori...I hope you feel better soon!
I know Ann, Monique, Mari etc from CF and another blog we were all involved in.
I would never think to use sweet potatoes...so you had an accidental invention!
Thanks for the visit to my blog..I am in NY, you used to live here or NJ?
I will try the sweet potatoes, I know they are better for you than white.
Get well!

Lori (All That Splatters) said...

Thank you all for stopping by!!

Kathleen, I'm from the Poughkeepsie area of NY. In fact, much of my family is still there. I miss it!! The Hudson Valley is a beautiful place to live! :D

Amy said...

Sounds delicious! I never would have thought of using sweet potato, but now I will.

amy@maisonbelle

The Bloom Girls said...

This looks really tasty! My husband is a huge fan of sweet potatoes so I will have to try this. I have roasted them in the oven with butter, brown sugar and cinnomen but never tried them like you suggested! I will now!

Blessings to you!

Karyn

SavoringTime in the Kitchen said...

Hope you feel better soon! I love frittatas and the sweet potatoes sound like a wonderful addition.

a quiet life said...

lori this looks great! i am hoping you are feeling all better with your family now! we missed you but i know you are busy, if you get a chance share your bunny times with us darling~

Post a Comment

I appreciate your visit and welcome your comments!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin