One woman's foray into cooking for herself, for her family, and for her friends. It's not always picture-perfect, sometimes a little messy,
but it's always delicious. Join me in exploring new recipes, savoring the "résultats" and learning from the "erreurs".



Thursday, February 9, 2012

Where have you been, young lady?!

Good question. Wish I had a good answer...

I did have some medical issues that affected my eating. Which affected my desire to cook. Hence, no posts for over 6 months. BUT things are looking up. And I'm resolved to get cooking again!

I have done a little cooking. I actually baked a potato just the other day! (Let's hear a little woo-hoo from the peanut gallery!) And I've been making a quinoa-and-kale dish that's really good (seriously, it's REALLY good! No, I haven't turned 'treehugger', but I am trying to eat a little healthier...)

So, keep your fingers crossed. If all goes well, I may actually have a recipe post this weekend!!

Thanks to all who have emailed to check on me. Your kind gestures really meant a lot to me!


Lori

12 comments:

teresa said...

I can so relate to medical issues that affect eating and in turn cooking. I had over 9 months of issues a year or 2 back. glad you are back in the game, just take care of yourself

Lisa@Pickles and Cheese said...

Glad you are back! Hope you continue to be well.

Thibeault's Table said...

Lori, you know that I'm glad to see you back. We started blogging at the same time. I've missed your posts.

Ann

La Table De Nana said...

Lori..I totally understand..~~Totally.
Enjoy your potato and quinoa..quinoa is my new fave food..especially as a cold salad.

Take care and you know we will be looking forward to your recipes.

I am so happy things are looking up for you.

Suzie said...

Can't wait to see what you cook up!

Suzie said...

Can't wait to see what you cook up!

Anonymous said...

Happened here looking for the chocolate bread recipe, now I want that a quinoa-and-kale dish. I too am trying to eat things good for me and that taste good

Unfortunately I also know about not feeling well enought to cook. I am glad that you are feeling a bit better.

Linda said...

Miss you sweetie....will be glad to see you post again!
xoxoxoxoxo

Lori (All That Splatters) said...

I missed this weekend but will try to cook the quinoa and kale dish this week. It's delicious!

Lori

Anonymous said...

Good to see that you are feeling better.

Looking forward to your recipes.

Denise

Anonymous said...

Lori, Hope you are feeling better. Miss you and hope you are feeling up to posting soon.Take care.

Cathy at Wives with Knives said...

I'm happy to see you blogging again, Ann. I've missed you and am looking forward to your posts.

Post a Comment

I appreciate your visit and welcome your comments!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin