One woman's foray into cooking for herself, for her family, and for her friends. It's not always picture-perfect, sometimes a little messy,
but it's always delicious. Join me in exploring new recipes, savoring the "résultats" and learning from the "erreurs".



Sunday, May 2, 2010

Roast Chicken & Basil Smashed Potatoes


Sunday afternoon.  The morning cloudiness and drizzle cleared and it's turned out to be a beautiful day. And the perfect Sunday evening meal is a roast chicken dinner.  I prefer the high heat method of roasting.  The chicken always turns out juicy and tender. 

Of course, potatoes and gravy are a must when roasting a chicken.  I had some red potatoes I quartered and boiled with a couple of cloves of garlic.  When the potatoes were cooked, I drained them, smashed them with milk and butter, salt and plenty of freshly ground black pepper, then stirred in a handful of chopped fresh basil. Delicious!  And plenty of leftovers for tomorrow.  Yay!

6 comments:

Cathy said...

Ooooh, I would like to take a big forkful of those yummy taters. Potatoes and gravy are are two of my favorite foods. Chicken too.

Martha said...

There is nothing like a roast chicken -- and those potatoes look yummy!

Sonia ~ Nasi Lemak Lover said...

This look comfort and good!

Linda said...

Girl...that looks fabulous!

Thibeault's Table said...

My favourite dinner. I don't know what I want more. The roast chicken or the potatoes. I love that potato photo Lori.

Barbara said...

The first dinner I ever learned to make was a roast chicken dinner. And, of course, old fashioned mashed potatoes. I love the idea of the garlic smashed potatoes, Lori...never have tried that on my family.
Your photos are making me hungry!

Post a Comment

I appreciate your visit and welcome your comments!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin