It's time for Saturday Blog Showcase again, and I'm actually well enough to make something!! Yay! Join Ann (Thibeault's Table) and me in showcasing recipes from blogs we've been fortunate enough to discover!
This week I happened upon a blog called Peanut Butter & Jargon. Great writing and beautiful photos, she and I share a penchant for Ina Garten recipes. After I read her review of Ina's Roasted Shrimp Cocktail, I couldn't wait to try it. It was an easy enough recipe to make after work, and a delicious treat for a Friday night. Roasting the shrimp left them succulent and much more flavorful than the standard boiling method. And the sauce was a simple stir of a few readily available ingredients. I'll never go back to my old shrimp cocktail again!
Roasted Shrimp Cocktail(Recipe by Ina Garten)For the shrimp:
- 2 pounds (12 to 15-count) shrimp*
- 1 tablespoon good olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper (I use more like 3/4 tsp; we love pepper!)
- 1/2 cup chili sauce (recommended: Heinz)
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 3 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 2 teaspoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon hot sauce (recommended: Tabasco)
Peel and devein the shrimp, leaving the tails on. Place them on a sheet pan with the olive oil, salt, and pepper and spread them in 1 layer. Roast for 8 to 10 minutes, just until pink and firm and cooked through. Set aside to cool. Serve warm, at room temperature or chilled.
For the sauce, combine the chili sauce, ketchup, horseradish, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, and hot sauce. Serve as a dip with the shrimp.
If you would like to join us for Saturday Blog Showcase this week just :
- Make a recipe from a fellow blogger's website and share the recipe on your blog with a link back to the blog where you found the recipe.
- Add the Saturday Blog Showcase logo to your post.
- On Friday night or Saturday, link your post to Mr. Linky